FAQ for Android and iOS devices
Why are no calls signalled in the background (push notifications) on my Android device?
There can be a number of reasons for this. Please try the following to resolve this (the settings paths given may vary slightly between Android versions):
Please note the following: If you actively stop (force stop) the Siedle app via the task manager or the Android settings → Apps & Notifications → See all apps → Siedle app →“Force stop” then no further notifications will be shown for a short period (max. 90 seconds).
- Restart your device.
- Check that you have a stable Internet connection.
- Make sure that app notifications are activated in the Siedle app: To do this, go to Android settings → Apps & Notifications → See all apps → Siedle app → Notifications → “Show notifications”.
- Check whether background data is limited for the Siedle app: To do this, go to Android settings → Apps & Notifications → See all apps → Siedle app → Mobile data and WiFi → activate “Background data” and “Unrestricted data usage”.
- Deactivate the battery stamina mode or exclude the Siedle app from this function: To do this, go to Android settings → Apps & Notifications → See all apps → Siedle app → Advanced → Battery → Battery optimisation. Find the Siedle app in the list and select “Don’t optimise”.
- Check whether you have the latest version of Google Play Services installed and update this if not.
There are several third-party apps that can affect how push notifications are shown. These include anti-virus, energy-saving and system optimisation apps. Please disable these apps for test purposes and check whether this improves the Siedle app signalling.
Why are no calls signalled in the background (push notifications) on my iPhone?
There can be several different reasons for this, please try the following to resolve this (the settings paths given may vary slightly between iOS versions)
Please also make sure that you are not connected to a WiFi connection that blocks the ports that Apple uses for push notifications. To test this, disable to WiFi on your iPhone and test whether the push notifications work via mobile data.
- Please check whether banners/alerts, badge icons and sounds are turned on in your iPhone settings → Notifications → Siedle app.
- Switch your iPhone off completely and then restart it.
- Launch the Siedle app; this sets up the push notification on the server again.
If you still are not receiving any push notifications after carrying out the steps above, uninstall the app and reinstall it via the App Store. This regenerates the push token which the iOS system creates for the app. Please log out of the app before uninstalling it. Once you have reinstalled the app, you need to log in again with a valid QR code. If you are using a Smart Gateway or Access Professional, please ask your administrator/electrician about this.
Why are no notifications shown on my Xiaomi device?
To show notifications on the lock screen, activate the “Siedle app” → “Allow important notifications on the lock screen” and activate floating notifications.
Unfortunately, there is no way for Siedle to carry out these adjustments automatically for you due to restrictions by Xiaomi. The notifications are only activated from the outset on some apps selected by Xiaomi.
Why are permissions requested in Android?
This is required for registering the app on your Siedle system using the QR code. The permission is therefore required for registration in every case, even when there is no camera on the system side. Afterwards you can disable the permission for the camera in the operating system settings if you wish.
This is required for door communication. Access to the microphone is needed to use the Siedle app. Without this access, door calls cannot be established with the mobile end device.
The Siedle app requires location access for commissioning the IQ HTS via Bluetooth. It communicates using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), for BLE there are two usage scenarios. Firstly, transfer of small data volumes between devices in proximity. Secondly, interaction with proximity sensors such as Google Beacons to offer users an individual experience based on their current location (used, for example, for key finders).
Siedle uses BLE for the first scenario. Compared to classic Bluetooth, BLE uses considerably less power. This is needed so that Bluetooth transmission with the IQ HTS is possible without requiring additional power. Android does not differentiate between the usage scenarios, basically all required permissions are requested. To support the second usage scenario, location access is required, even though no location data is required or used by the Siedle app.
Once commissioning is complete, you can disable the permission for the location in the operating system settings if you wish.
How do you switch device with iOS or Android?
Please note that after you have imported a backup onto a new device, you need to log in again. The backup transfers the Siedle app to the new device where it can also be opened if an encrypted backup is used (secured with a password). However, sensitive data such as secrets and push tokens are not included in a backup for security reasons. This can result in problems with call signalling or switching the door release.
In this case, please log out and log in again. Please note that in this case for Smart Gateway and Access Professional, a new QR code must be created by your administrator/electrician.
FAQ for our new IQ indoor stations
Where can I find the QR code for log in on my IQ device?
In the case of the Siedle IQ in-house telephone for the 1+n system (Siedle IQ HTS), the QR code is on the device (under the receiver); this is reused for each log on. If the QR code is missing, a second QR code can be found inside the device.
Why can’t a Bluetooth connection be established?
A Bluetooth connection is required when setting up the Siedle app with the IQ HTS. If problems arise, please carry out the following steps:
- Check whether Bluetooth is activated on your mobile end device.
- If the connection fails again, restart your mobile end device.
- Go to the device settings on your mobile end device and to the Bluetooth settings. Unpair the IQ HTS, by manually removing it from the list of paired devices.
Why does the light button repeatedly flash red (single flash)?
The Wi-Fi connection has failed.
Make sure that the IQ HTS is within the range of the network.
Check whether you can connect to the Internet with WiFi. Log into the same WiFi that the IQ HTS is connected to with a mobile end device and use a browser of your choice to check whether there is an Internet connection.
Why does the light button repeatedly flash red (double flash)?
The connection to the Siedle server has failed.
You can find further information about troubleshooting under “Commissioning fails (no connection to the Siedle server)”
Wait a few minutes; the Siedle server may be temporarily unavailable due to an update. Updates are generally carried out by Siedle in the early morning or evening and can lead to continuous, limited accessibility for a few minutes.
Why is the door release and the door light not working in my app?
For security reasons, a switching command initiated from the app is only valid for a limited period. If the door release or door light operation does not work, it may be because there is a significant difference between the Siedle system time and that of your smartphone. With the standard setting, Siedle systems synchronise with an NTP server. Please activate the “Automatic” option for the date and time setting on your smartphone. Then re-start the Siedle app and test the switch contacts again.
Where can I find the QR code for logging into the Smart Gateway and Access Professional?
If it is a Smart Gateway or Access Professional, the QR code can be generated in the administration interface in the browser. The QR code is generated when a new app user is created in the system. This can only be used once. Please ask your administrator/electrician about it.
A connection cannot be established with the Siedle server – why does commissioning fail?
There can be several reasons why a connection cannot be established with the Siedle server during commissioning. Please check the following points to resolve this:
- Check that you have a stable Internet connection.
- Check the settings in your router. Sometimes SIP communication via TLS is blocked as standard in the default settings.
- Check whether internet telephony is allowed in your router settings. Example path for settings in the FritzBox: Telephony → Own telephone numbers → Line settings → uncheck “Prevent use of internet telephony from the home network”.
If this has not solved your issue or your question was not answered here,
please contact our support team: firstname.lastname@example.org.