From a foundry on a farm in the Black Forest to a factory, from a supplier of clock components to the market leader in building communication: Siedle in slow motion.
Around the middle of the 18th Century, Mathäus Siedle begins a foundry business casting bells for clock manufacturers on his farm in the Black Forest. The following generations continue to operate the foundry, with his great-grandson Salomon adding a second business sector in the form of low voltage technology. In 1887, the company produces its first telephones. Siedle evolves to become one of the pioneers of the German telephony industry.
From the 1930s, the company specializes in the field of in-house and door telephony. Following World War II, its development work in this field leads the company on to countless new and successful achievements. Today, Siedle is the market leader in the field of building communication in Germany and many other European countries.
1805: Three Siedle generations run a foundry for casting bells and clock components on the Oberbregenbachhof farm near Furtwangen.
1870: Salomon Siedle II. turns what was a cottage industry into an industrial manufacturing operation, establishing a factory in Furtwangen.
1900: The factory grows and is upgraded by the installation of a steam engine. On the left in the foreground: The only original building still remaining today.
1953: Reconstruction after a devastating fire which destroyed almost all the factory building.
1965: A new administrative building is constructed on the original site.
1995: The logistics centre and high-bay warehouse goes into operation.
2000: The last remaining building of the original factory is restored. Today, this building houses the General Management and Design Department.