Biberach City Hall
Architecture: Wussler Wussler Grimm, Biberach
Electrical planning: Planungsbüro Manfred Eichhorn Friesenheim
Electrical installation: Elektro Bohnert, Biberach
The City Hall of Biberach in the Black Forest was built in two phases in 1913 and 1925.
The extensive renovation and modernization process maintained the historical substance of the building as far as the requirements of a modern town council would allow.
At the main entrance, a prestigious stainless steel pedestal was chosen with surface area light and letterbox, as it was possible to continue the material selection and design into the interior of the building.
It is no longer used as a lockup, a school or swimming pool, but instead has been converted into service apartments.
It is approached by a rear entrance, equipped with a Vario flush mounted system including two letterboxes.
The room and orientation signage system inside the building echoes the design characteristics of the Steel system at the main entrance.
Like the Steel system, the Siedle orientation system also comprises two levels.
The carrier plate is screwed to the wall, the cover panel above it is attached without tools by means of guide pins and adhesive sealing.
The recreational rooms and washroom facilities are identified by pictograms. Precise laser cut-outs in the stainless steel cover panel afford visual access to the carrier plate with its uniform lacquer finish.
The signs used on offices and conference rooms can be freely inscribed.
An acrylic glass plate is held in place by two stainless steel tapes.
These are fastened using the same adhesive seal-type system used to fasten the pictogram cover panels.
Changing the signs or the inscription is a matter of seconds and is done completely without tools.